The history of the Oak Hill Bible Church dates back to April 17, 1850 when a group of believers met in Worcester, MA to form a church. They were believers in the personal advent and reign of Christ on the earth renewed as taught in the Bible, and were called the ‘Second Advent Church’ because of their focus on the imminent second coming of Jesus, a message that was birthed in the movement that gave rise to several denominations at that time.
In 1893, after 43 years of worshipping in various rented halls in Worcester and after erecting their own chapel on leased land on Central Street, the church bought a lot and constructed their own building on the corner of Piedmont and Chandler streets, where they met until the proposed widening of Chandler street in 1928 resulted in their decision to relocate yet again.
A lot on the corner of Russell and Pleasant Streets was purchased in late December 1930, and a new church was built. The congregation remained there for close to 50 years, until the church again considered relocation due to a changing neighborhood.
The Lord led a small but dedicated membership to purchase property in the nearby town of Oxford and in September 1979 a ground breaking service was held on the eight and one half acre property. The partially completed facilities were occupied in March of 1980.
To accommodate growth a new building was erected in 1991, offering a sanctuary with seating for over 300 people, offices for the staff, and new handicap restrooms. A special lift was installed to facilitate access to both levels, making the entire 20,000 square foot facility handicap accessible. A parsonage was erected on site in 2004 providing housing for staff. Guest quarters in the parsonage offer accommodations for visiting speakers.